Andover & Essex County Medicaid Attorney
Are You or a Loved One Getting Older in Essex County And Looking To Preserve Assets To Avoid Being Wiped Out By Astronomical Health Care Costs And Want To Explore Your Life Planning Options?
Services We Provide
Alzheimer’s / Dementia Care Planning
Nursing Home or Assisted Living Care Planning
In-Home Care Planning
Other Long Term Care Planning
Why Plan Now (And Not Tomorrow):
- Gives you time to find alternatives to pay for care, so you can preserve hard‐earned assets.
- Allows you to keep all or most of your assets, rather than making avoidable payments for care.
- To leave your loved ones what you’ve worked a lifetime for.
- Makes the most of Medicaid’s safe harbor provisions.
- Medicaid eligibility is very complex, and the rules change frequently. Even simple errors can result in a denial of benefits. We can take care of this for you.
- Ensure you have control over your future care and certain other decisions.
Why Choose The Law Offices Of Kimberly Butler Rainen?
- Proactive Approach – We help clients to prevent legal problems and mistakes before they happen.
- Confidential Case Assessment – During your phone assessment, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Focused Legal Practice – Our firm has always concentrated on wills, estate planning, elder law, asset protection, long-term care plans, and closely related areas.
- No Hidden Fees – Know the costs before starting (in most situations).
- Experienced – In our many years in business, we’ve helped hundreds of families protect their legacy and plan for their future.
- We Take Complex & Difficult Cases – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matter. We do what’s necessary, even in challenging situations.
- Alignment with Family Value – We help you consider family dynamics that better ensure your values are carried on.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for “freaky fast” returned client calls. No going dark or waiting days to hear back.
- Client Education Focused – You’ll get a clear & concise understanding of each step in the process. We offer monthly free seminars to all who are interested in attending.
- Trusted – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and The Academy of Special Needs Planners Member.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Super Lawyers Rising Star, Excellent rating by respected legal website Avvo, 5.0 review rating on Google. See some of our client reviews below.
Ask a Question
Describe your situation Or
Request a Consultation
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.
About Life Planning And Medicaid In Massachusetts
Life planning encompasses many aspects of one’s life as one moves into the “2nd half” of their lifetime. Much of the focus ends up being financial and healthcare-related. It includes Medicaid eligibility and planning, Alzheimer’s / dementia, in-home care, nursing or assisted living homes, and other long-term care. For business owners, it typically includes a plan for whether the business will be passed onto the next generation or sold. Those with significant assets can plan to avoid or minimize estate taxes while protecting their assets through the right trust(s).
Medicaid offers more comprehensive long‐term care coverage than the Medicare program, and because long‐term care costs are so high, many middle-class seniors rely on Medicaid to pay for their care. A common misconception about Medicaid is that you have to impoverish yourself and your family entirely before you can qualify for long‐term care coverage. This is simply not true.
Questions? Or To
Schedule A Case Consultation
When Should You Plan
This is for people facing an imminent need for long‐term care of some kind, whether it be Alzheimer’s, nursing home, or other care. Because of the intensive nature of legal work involved, this type of planning tends to be more expensive than pre‐need planning.
Pre-Need Medicaid Planning
The best way to plan for long‐term care is to do so well before the need arises. By beginning early enough, it allows you to take advantage of the five-year look‐back period, among other benefits.
Client Reviews – The Law Offices Of Kimberly Butler Rainen
Actual Words Clients Have Used To Describe Us & Their Experience:
“kind, patient, and knowledgeable,” “intelligent, thoughtful and professional,” “the respect with which everything was handled was what truly stood out,” “Kind, knowledgeable, and made us feel so comfortable with huge life decisions,” “treated me as a friend, making an unpleasant situation bearable,” “took care of all issues surrounding probate and settling of the estate,” “always available to answer questions and she took the time to give thoughtful, thorough explanations,” “so patient and professional throughout the process,” “was patient and translated all of the legal terms and jargon so we could all understand it,” “Working with Kim on our estate planning was so much easier than I could have imagined,” “I would recommend The Law Offices of Kimberly Butler Rainen to anyone without hesitation.”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
Questions? Or To
Schedule A Case Consultation
We help families both locally within or near the Andover area and outside of Massachusetts when they need to handle issues or an estate for a family member within the state.
Locally, clients come to us from Andover, Lowell, Haverhill, Dracut, Tewksbury, North Reading, Boxford, Wilmington, Reading, Chelmsford and Essex, and Middlesex Counties.